Full service Damp Proofing of Commercial and Residential property in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town.
For concrete waterproofing, durability and protection, Xypex revolutionary crystalline technology has no equivalent.
For over 40 years, Xypex has set an international standard of excellence in concrete waterproofing. Continued worldwide research shows that no other ‘comparative’ product even comes close.
Benefits of Xypex
- Permanent Crystalline waterproofing – Impermeable
- Increases concrete durability & service life
- Self-Healing cracks up to 0.4mm in width
- Permanent – Xypex is present and active for the life of the concrete
- Resists extreme Hydrostatic pressure
- Resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Protection in Marine Environments
- Very cost effective compared to membrane systems
Xypex products are suited to both new and remedial projects:
- Underground Structures
- Parking Decks
- Marine structures
- Sewage and Water Treatment Tanks
Xypex is Different
The crystalline nature of the Xypex waterproofing system provides many application advantages over traditional barrier products.
- Xypex does not require a dry surface; in fact, a wet surface is necessary.
- Xypex does not require dry weather to be applied.
- Xypex does not require costly surface priming or leveling prior to application.
- It cannot puncture, tear, or come apart at the seams.
- It does not require protection during backfilling or during placement of steel, wire mesh or other materials.
- It can be applied on either side of a concrete surface – the negative or the positive (water pressure) side.
- Xypex does not require sealing, lapping and finishing of seams at corners, edges or between membranes.
- It is less costly to apply than most other methods
The Application Advantages
The Xypex crystalline system for concrete waterproofing is substantially different from traditional barrier products — like membranes and cementitious coatings. Check these differences:
- Xypex creates a crystalline structure deep within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete mass to prevent the penetration of water and aggressive chemicals. In contrast, barrier-type products function only at the surface of the concrete.
- Because Xypex is not dependent on surface adhesion to achieve its waterproofing effect, it is resistant to extreme hydrostatic pressure.
- It will seal hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm.
- It is not subject to the deterioration problems encountered by membranes.
- Xypex is permanent and reactivates whenever water is present.
We use the best products on the market along with over 20 years of experience. We have a close working relationship with our suppliers including, XYPEX.